ABC is excited to announce a new scholarship for full-time, resident students their first year at ABC.
This "BIG Scholarship" will be combined with Pell Grant and other ABC aid to equal 100% of tuition. For 2023-24, that's $16,280 in guaranteed minimum aid for those that qualify.
At ABC, we believe every Christian can benefit from at least a year of Bible college. While this scholarship will certainly provide big financial benefits to many students, our greater desire is that it will have BIG spiritual impact by "Biblically Inspiring Godliness" as students build a solid foundation upon God's Word.
Watch the BIG Announcement
What are the eligibility requirements for the BIG Scholarship?Students must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a full-time, degree-seeking student
- Must be a resident student (living in residence hall or Appalachian Village for married students)
- Must be the first-time living on campus
- Must complete FAFSA and ABC Financial Aid Application
- Must meet General Requirements for all ABC Scholarships
- Must have at least 100% Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU) for Federal Pell Grant
- Must not be in default status on any Federal Loans
- Total award is divided between two consecutive semesters. If the student does not attend the second consecutive semester, they will not be able to receive the second half at a later time.
- If a student already has a bachelor's degree, please contact the Financial Aid office to determine eligibility
Are transfer students eligible?Yes, transfer students are eligible as long as they meet all other requirements.
Will this be available in other years or just this next year?The current plan is to continue this program indefinitely into the future.
Are there any limits as to how many can receive the BIG Scholarship?While there are currently many spots available for this scholarship, its availability may become limited in which case it will be offered on a first-come basis based on a student's acceptance date.
What if I don't receive any Pell Grant?That's okay, the BIG Scholarship will be increased to ensure you receive financial aid equal to 100% of tuition.
Besides tuition, what are the other charges to attend ABC?Other charges include Room & Board (Appalachian Village rent for married students), Student Services Fee, and Health Fee. Other fees may also apply to certain students. See Tuition & Fees for details.
Is there other financial aid I can receive on top of the BIG Scholarship?Yes, the following types of aid can be added on top of the BIG Scholarship:
- Outside scholarships (e.g. from your employer or a foundation)
- State Aid (e.g. State Grant, WV Promise, etc.)
- ABC's Church / Ministry Matching Scholarship (ABC will match up to $2,500 what a church or ministry provides)
Share this page: